SO today, I essentially began the implementation phase of the Twiga Compost Initiative. So far, I have
- Put up posters
- Located a bin
- Communicated with the canteen and local staff
- Located potential areas for the larger compost
- Generated slight community awareness
What I learned from all this work today is the incredible amounts of work that this initiative will require in terms of contacting and agreeing with the school! Given this information, I need to now do the following
- Meet with Mr. Smith regarding a possible location for the larger compost bin
- Build the larger compost bin with Mr. Patrick
- Buy the following supplies: buckets, green spray paint
The second point here is what I see as being the most challenging given that I am not very strong. This will therefore require me to advertise this as a potential creativity/action activity for students to take part in over one weekend. I will do this ASAP through the daily bulletin as soon as I have determined a location.
Please find my incredible posters on ManageBac as I am incredibly proud of them!